Who can apply for a Hoas furnished apartment for exchange students?

You may apply for a furnished exchange student apartment if you are attending one of the following schools as an exchange student:

  • Aalto University
  • Arcada
  • Diaconia (Diak)
  • Haaga-Helia                 
  • Hanken
  • University of Helsinki (separate application)
  • Laurea
  • Metropolia
  • University of the Arts Helsinki - The Academy of Fine Arts, Sibelius Academy, and Theatre Academy of the University of the Arts Helsinki

And your study campus is in the metropolitan area (Helsinki, Espoo and Vantaa).

If your school is not listed in the application form, you are not entitled to apply for an exchange student apartment at Hoas.

Apartments and rooms for exchange students are furnished. Exchange students may also apply unfurnished housing for degree students. With furnished exchange student apartments, exchange students come first. With unfurnished apartments, degree students have priority over exchange students.

Note: Exchange students of University of Helsinki apply housing via the university's Mobility Online portal and these applicants should not submit a separate application to Hoas.

Cooperation with universities and universities of applied sciences

Each academic year, Hoas provides about 920 exchange students with a furnished room or apartment. The service has been developed in close cooperation with universities and universities of applied sciences in the Helsinki metropolitan area, and each school has a certain quota reserved for their students. Hoas rents the apartments based on information provided by the schools.